Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Exploding Apple iPOD Touch sets kid's pants on fire!

A child in Ohio received second degree burns when his iPod Touch exploded in his pants and caught fire.
The child's mother is now suing Apple and 10 unnamed retail employees from the Apple Store in Kenwood, Cincinnati, Ohio, for $2,25,000.
The complaint maintains that the 'iTouch' was in the off position in the child's pant's pocket when he heard a loud pop and immediately felt a burning sensation on his leg. He immediately stood up and realized his Apple iTouch had exploded and caught on fire in his pocket. He ran to the bathroom and took off his burning pants with the assistance of a friend and found that the device had burned through his pocket and melted through his Nylon/Spandex underwear, burning his leg.
"He continues to suffer from both physical and mental conditions which will cause him to suffer pain, mental distress, emotional distress, and otherwise for the rest of his life," reads the lawsuit.
Read the entire lawsuit here.